Soap Box House


Make a cute little house in minutes with a soap box, some glue and a small piece of card stock.


Start with a standard box of soap.


Open it up along the seem. This step is not necessary. Turning the box inside out provides a clean surface to color on. You could cover the box in paper if you like.

Cut a door or window.


Glue box back together. Peak one end for the roof. I used paper tape.
Measure (just eyeball by placing your box onto paper) a piece folded paper for roof.


Glue onto peaked end. Use clothes pins or clamps to hold in place while it dries.


Give to child to decorate! Have fun!

5 comments:

Ticia said...

My kids would love this. It's a shame we don't use bar soap. But, I'm sure we can come up with a suitable alternative.

Kristin said...

Using clothes pins as clamps is genius! I like this idea. I'm sure the village would be over run with soldiers and action figures, but maybe their cars would like a little town...

M for Short said...

Cute, cute, cute. However, I would expect that Dora is a multi-millionaire by now and could afford better digs!

Katie said...

Great way to recycle I didn't realize how tiny that house must be until I saw what it started out as!

***Sharon*** said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! I will never look at another soap box the same way again!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs